Friday, April 4, 2008

Lucky 13?

(Not a very clever title, true. I concede that I am off my game today.)

Anyway, here we are at Step #13, Del.icio.us. I watched the ottergroup video and so on. I suppose I see how this would be a useful way to organize bookmarks if you had an account. Probably more efficient than my personal method of keeping a plain ol' word doc filled with semi-random lists of web sites that I might conceivably want to re-visit someday. (As well as the standard Favorites list of stuff I visit daily/weekly, like Jabootu.) But without an account, it seems no different from a standard search engine, really.

Although there is the factor that you can tell whether a particular link is "popular" or not. But that's only an advantage if you trust the opinions of random strangers.

1 comment:

Kgreer said...

Your blog is a lot of fun!